Articles on this Page
- 03/04/18--14:13: _Richard Youngs Belief
- 03/04/18--14:15: _José Ramos - To Dre...
- 03/04/18--14:59: _John Zorn – The Urm...
- 03/04/18--18:26: _Rare CDs and Cambod...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Moby - Everything W...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Michael Schenker Fe...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _The Dog That Bit Pe...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Sally Oldfield - Th...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Sue Foley - The Ice...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _The Raz - The Raz (...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Train - Bulletproof...
- 03/04/18--21:53: _Todd Rundgren - All...
- 03/04/18--23:13: _Zorita release new ...
- 03/04/18--23:40: _Michel Legrand feat...
- 03/04/18--23:40: _FANCY ?25th Anniver...
- 03/05/18--00:02: _Oneida – Romance (2...
- 03/05/18--01:02: _Katie Herzig – Mome...
- 03/05/18--02:02: _Stevie Ray Vaughan ...
- 03/05/18--02:02: _Current Joys – A Di...
- 03/05/18--02:30: _VAGINA LIPS αθανασία
- 03/04/18--14:13: Richard Youngs Belief
- 03/04/18--14:15: José Ramos - To Dream (2018)
- 03/04/18--14:59: John Zorn – The Urmuz Epigrams (2018)
- 03/04/18--18:26: Rare CDs and Cambodian Lyric Booklets
- 03/04/18--21:53: Michael Schenker Fest - Resurrection (2018) FLAC (tracks + .cue)
- 03/04/18--21:53: Sally Oldfield - The Enchanted Way (2018) FLAC (tracks)
- 03/04/18--21:53: Sue Foley - The Ice Queen (2018) FLAC (tracks)
- 03/04/18--21:53: The Raz - The Raz (2018) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 03/04/18--21:53: Train - Bulletproof Picasso (2014) FLAC (track)
- 03/04/18--21:53: Todd Rundgren - All Sides of the Roxy (2018) FLAC (tracks)
- 03/04/18--23:40: Michel Legrand feat. Miles Davis - Legrand Jazz (1958) [2017 Vinyl]
- 03/05/18--00:02: Oneida – Romance (2018)
- 03/05/18--01:02: Katie Herzig – Moment of Bliss (2018)
- 03/05/18--02:02: Stevie Ray Vaughan – Transmission Impossible [3CD] (2015)
- 03/05/18--02:02: Current Joys – A Different Age (2018)
- 03/05/18--02:30: VAGINA LIPS αθανασία
(O Genesis, 2018)
320 kbps | 111 MB | LINKS
With The Urmuz Epigrams Zorn returns to his roots, using the recording studio as instrument to create an intensely personal suite of compositions in the style of his legendary File Card compositions and Zoetropes. Dedicated to the visionary Romanian writer Urmuz whose small, scattered body of work predated Dadaism by decades, The Urmuz Epigrams is a suite of surrealistic miniatures more akin to philosophical aphorisms than actual music. The pieces are presented here in two iterations, as a set of “rare 78rpm records” complete with surface scratches and limited dynamic range, and as a modern reconstruction of same with the full blown studio sound presented in all its perplexing glory. Some of the craziest music in the Zorn catalog!
Ches Smith: Drums, Percussion, Vibraphone, Glockenspiel, Voice
John Zorn: Saxophone, Piano, Organ, Sound Effects, Guitar, Bass, Game Calls, Percussion, Voice
WFMU's 2018 Fundraising Marathon is upon us, and this year I've got a special surprise for Bodega Pop Live listeners: I'll be giving away 18 CDs and two Cambodian lyric booklets plucked from bodegas and media stores catering to immigrants in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
This Wednesday, March 7, from 7-10 PM ET I'll be joined by my Give the Drummer Radio stream mate, DJ and visual artist Mayuko Fujino; in addition to playing some really great tracks, we'll be giving away the nine CDs shown above plus two beautifully illustrated Cambodian lyric booklets to lucky pledgers of $20 or more.
Here are a few details on what's up for grabs:
The scans on this blog are from my own personal copies. The two I'll be giving away are identical to these, but still in their shrink wrap, and in much better condition.
There are no others at the market; I bought both copies of both booklets. And I've never seen any like these before, anywhere else. You'll have a chance to win these gems this Wednesday night, shortly after 7:00 PM.
2. Our second prize will be Turkish rapper Ceza's unimpeachable 2004 album, Rapstar, found at Uludag Video in south Brooklyn. Your copy, unlike mine shown above, is a rare fold-out cover version, with complete lyrics so you can rap along with the fastest rapper in Eurasia.
3. Up third, Sezen Aksu's remarkable debut album from 1977, in a special CD edition that also collects rare singles from 1976-79. Your copy, plucked from Uludag Video, includes a 16-page booklet with lyrics, photos, production notes, and bio (all in Turkish).
4. Up next is hands down one of the greatest pop albums I've ever heard, The Very Best of Ahmed Adaweya. Adaweya rose from the streets of Cairo to become the greatest sha'abi artist of all time. When I found a second copy of this long out of print collection of his early hits at the Nile Deli in my neighborhood, I snatched it up, knowing it would someday find a great home. (Yours, if you're lucky!)
5. Also from the Nile Deli, a copy of Oum Kalsoum's greatest song, "El Atlaal," from a live concert in the 1960s. That's my treasured copy above; the copy you could win on Wednesday is still in shrink wrap, with a different cover.
6. The 19 tracks on this electrifying collection of 21st century Egyptian street-level pop changed my life, and will likely change yours, should you be so fortunate to win it this Wednesday night.
7. Our last three prizes of Week 1 focus on Soviet-era punk and avant-garde music from Russia, including the above, three electronic-religious albums from Yuri Morozov. I have no words to describe this record -- it's amazing. I found your copy at RBC Video in Brighton Beach.
8. These two Aquarium CDs, [Triangle] and Taboo, from 1981 and 1982, respectively, provide a rare window onto some of the most out-there music of the Russian post-punk movement.
9. And, finally, as if that weren't grand-prize-y enough, here's the real grand prize, a 2-CD set of some of Grazhdanskaya Oborona's most incredible tracks. Don't let the lackluster CD cover fool you; never mind the Sex Pistols, this is some of the most scorched-earth punk rock ever committed to recording media.
Don't believe me? Tune in Wednesday night when Mayuko and I will be playing selections from each of the CDs above.
10. If all this weren't enough, listeners who pledge $75 or more will receive a copy of our 2018 DJ Premium, Burma Pop, a collection of Burmese hits and crazy cover songs from the 1960s to 1980s.
Bookmark the page and see you Wednesday night!
(Stay tuned for pics and descriptions of next week's prizes ...)
Artist: Moby | Album: Everything Was Beautiful, And Nothing Hurt | Released: 2018 | Label: Little Idiot | Catalog #: IDIOT 60CD | Genre: Ambient, Downtempo, Trip Hop | Country: US | Duration: 00:56:36
Artist: Michael Schenker Fest | Album: Resurrection | Released: 208 | Label: Nuclear Blast | Catalog #: NB 4173-0 | Genre: Hard Rock | Country: Germany | Duration: 00:52:16
Artist: The Dog That Bit People | Album: The Dog That Bit People | Released: 1971, 2010 | Label: Esoteric Recordings | Catalog #: ECLEC 2229 | Genre: Rock, Progressive Rock | Country: UK | Duration: 00:47:52
Artist: Sally Oldfield | Album: The Enchanted Way | Released: 2018 | Genre: New Age, Folk, Pop | Country: UK | Duration: 01:18:19
Artist: Sue Foley | Album: The Ice Queen | Released: 2018 | Label: Stony Plain Records | Genre: Blues, Blues Rock | Country: Canada | Duration: 00:53:25
Artist: The Raz | Album: The Raz | Label: Rockshots Records | Catalog #: RSCD029 | Released: 2018 | Genre: Hard Rock | Country: USA | Duration: 00:43:03
Artist: Train | Album: Bulletproof Picasso | Released: 2014 | Label: Columbia | Genre: Pop Rock | Country: US | Duration: 00:43:44
Artist: Todd Rundgren | Album: All Sides of the Roxy | Released: 2018 | Genre: Rock, Pop Rock | Country: US
Zorita are a raucous rousing rabble. The band’s bohemian music boasts an eclectic mix of instruments like organs, synths, trumpet and violin. In combination with bass, drums and guitars, as well as front man Carlos Zorita Diaz’ raw voice, this creates a completely unique sound. Blending influences from around the world into catchy pop songs, an evening with Zorita is guaranteed to breathe life into any party.
They recently released a new video for their single Calliope from their new album 'Aphrodite'. The song mixes African rhythms with indie-pop sounds. The video is a collage from 30's amateur video material shot in Kodachrome.
Stream the album and single on soundcloud HERE
Title Of Album: Legrand Jazz
Year Of Release: 1958 
Label (Catalog#): Impex Records/Columbia [CS 8079]
Quality: FLAC (*tracks)
Bitrate: [24bit/96 kHz]
Full Size: 0,97 GB (+3%rec.)
Album / collection: ?25th Anniversary Box?
Label / country: ⒸⓅ 1985-1990, 2010 Metronome | 4everMUSIC | klub80 Records. Made in Poland.
Source: Rip by KoGGaN? scans by inet...
Official DR value: 10?9?9?9?9
Catalog (Barcode): 4everMUSIC 141-145 (5 907592 140051)
Genre / Style: Pop, Euro Disco, Synth Pop
Year (info): 1985-1990 (5 × CD, Box Set, Compilation, Re-mastered 2010)
Format: WV (image + .cue)
Covers: in archive
Amount of tracks: 80
Total time: 6:23:13
Size RAR: ~ 2.77 Gb
Password / ?????? : 1965
Upload: DepositFiles.com, TurboBit.net
320 kbps | 165 MB | LINKS
Recorded over several years in various locales, the 11 songs on Romance are built around deeply developed long-arc rhythm/phase concepts, noise, yearning, blind guitar rage, longing, the lurch of dying electronics, and a multi-modal embrace of human fallibility and artifice. From the crackling synth-led opener “Economy Travel” to the expansive 18-minute epic “Shepherd’s Axe,” Romance is an album in constant flux. On “Bad Habit” the band employs phasing between organ and guitar to great, disorienting effect, while the primitive riffs of “Cockfight” offer a contrasting vision of rock minimalism. Listen closely on “Lay of the Land” and you will hear constant rhythmic development, with drummer Kid Millions eschewing repetition in favor of morphing patterns of hi-hat and snare. As with all mystery, Romance reveals more through closer attention and multiple listens.
320 kbps | 104 MB | LINKS
2. Beat of Your Own
3. Feel Alive
4. Learn to Hide
5. I Don’t Mind
6. Weight Lifting
7. We Can’t Deny
8. I Want to Make You Proud
9. Moment of Bliss
10. All This Time
11. Me Without You
320 kbps | 516 MB | LINKS
DISC ONE The Spectrum, Montreal, Canada,August 17th 1984 (Early Show) DISC TWO Chicago Blues Festival on June 7th 1985 DISC THREE The complete New Year s Eve Show 1986, The Fox Theatre, Atlanta, Georgia (with Special Guest Lonnie Mack)
1. Scuttle Buttin’ 03:08
2. Testify 03:45
3. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) 12:17
4. The Things (That) I Used To Do 06:14
5. Couldn’t Stand The Weather 05:10
6. Cold Shot 04:35
7. Pride And Joy 05:06
8. Tin Pan Alley 12:35
9. Love Struck Baby 03:07
10. Texas Flood 09:49
11. Band Introductions 02:53
12. Lenny 08:26
13. Rude Mood 05:09
1. Scuttle Buttin’ 03:10
2. Say What! 05:25
3. Ain’t Gone ‘N’ Give Up On Love 08:08
4. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) 08:02
5. Mary Had A Little Lamb 03:58
6. Texas Flood 12:00
7. Come On (Part III) 04:58
8. Testify 02:26
9. Say What! 04:50
10. Change It 04:54
11. The Sky Is Crying 07:05
1. Lookin’ Out The Window 04:10
2. Look At Little Sister 04:49
3. Mary Had A Little Lamb 09:01
4. Superstition 04:27
5. Willie The Wimp 05:55
6. Cold Shot 06:57
7. Couldn’t Stand The Weather 06:47
8. Introduction Jam 04:39
9. Life Without You 11:28
10. Happy New Year Blues 03:49
11. Rude Mood 05:11
12. Oreo Cookie Blues (with Lonnie Mack) 07:07
320 kbps | 98 MB | LINKS
Current Joys is the enigmatic solo project of 25-year- old Henderson, Nevada-born songwriter Nicholas Rattigan. In addition to his minimal two-piece band with Jacob Rubeck, Surf Curse, Rattigan has been releasing a prolific catalog of heart-wrenching no wave ballads via Bandcamp under a handful of names (including The Nicholas Project and Tele/Visions), eventually choosing Current Joys as the permanent moniker, based on a song by folk-artist Liam the Younger of the same name. His newest release, A Different Age, documents the process of making art and the desire to create it sincerely in an era fraught with extreme irony, apathy, and nostalgia. Ripe with many of the emotions and conflicts that have influenced Rattigan’s songwriting in the past, A Different Age contains some of his most poetic lyrics and thoughtful arrangements to date.