Articles on this Page
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Flo Rida - R.O.O.T....
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Flo Rida - Wild One...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Dimmu Borgir - Puri...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Jacques Higelin - R...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Ludwig van Beethove...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Barns Courtney - Th...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Ludwig van Beethove...
- 04/10/18--07:08: _Ludwig van Beethove...
- 04/10/18--07:22: _CHINA CRISIS ?Disco...
- 04/10/18--07:26: _Dafnis Prieto Big B...
- 04/10/18--07:46: _Jonathan Butler – S...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Hailu Mergia - Lala...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Earth House Hold - ...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Tiesto Featuring BT...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Our Lady Peace - So...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Edvard Grieg - Cham...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Toe - That's Anothe...
- 04/10/18--08:09: _Scooter - All Stars...
- 04/10/18--09:13: _if music could talk...
- 04/10/18--09:21: _Ilene Barnes - Time...
- 04/10/18--07:08: Flo Rida - R.O.O.T.S. (2009) FLAC
- 04/10/18--07:08: Flo Rida - Wild Ones (2012) FLAC
- 04/10/18--07:08: Barns Courtney - The Attractions Of Youth (2017) FLAC (tracks)
- 04/10/18--07:26: Dafnis Prieto Big Band – Back to the Sunset (2018)
- 04/10/18--07:46: Jonathan Butler – Sarah Sarah: The Anthology (2018
- 04/10/18--08:09: Hailu Mergia - Lala Belu (2018) FLAC
- 04/10/18--08:09: Earth House Hold - Never Forget Us (2018) FLAC
- 04/10/18--08:09: Tiesto Featuring BT - Love Comes Again (2004) FLAC (tracks + .cue)
- 04/10/18--08:09: Our Lady Peace - Somethingness (2018) FLAC
- 04/10/18--08:09: Toe - That's Another Story (2018) FLAC
- 04/10/18--08:09: Scooter - All Stars - Greaters Hits (2003) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 04/10/18--09:13: if music could talk: If Music Could Talk - April 8 2018, Segment 1
- 04/10/18--09:21: Ilene Barnes - Time (2003)
Artist: Flo Rida | Album: R.O.O.T.S. | Released: 2009 | Label: Atlantic | Genre: Hip-Hop, Rap
Artist: Flo Rida | Album: Wild Ones | Released: 2012 | Genre: Dance
Artist: Dimmu Borgir | Album: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (Japan 1st Press) | Released: 2001 | Label: Marquee Inc | Catalog #: MICP-80001 | Genre: Metal, Symphonic Black Metal
Artist: Jacques Higelin | Album: Réfugié poétique / Refugie poetique – Triple Best Of – 3CDs | Released: 2010 | Label: EMI Music France | Catalog #: 509996484312 4 | Genre: Pop Rock
Artist: Ludwig van Beethoven | Album: Piano Sonatas № 16-18, 24-27 (Paavali Jumppanen) | Released: 2016 | Label: Ondine | Catalog #: ODE 1290-2D | Genre: Classical
Artist: Barns Courtney | Album: The Attractions Of Youth | Released: 2017 | Label: Virgin EMI, Universal. | Genre: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock
Artist: Ludwig van Beethoven | Album: Piano Sonatas № 5-7, 21-23 (Paavali Jumppanen) | Released: 2015 | Label: Ondine | Catalog #: ODE 1268-2D | Genre: Classical
Artist: Ludwig van Beethoven | Album: Piano Sonatas № 9-15, 19, 20 (Paavali Jumppanen) | Released: 2015 | Label: Ondine | Catalog #: ODE 1280-2D | Genre: Classical
Performer: CHINA CRISIS
Album / collection: ?Discography on vinyl 1982-1994?
Label / country: ⒸⓅ 1982-1994 Virgin Records Limited. Made in Europe.
Source: Rip by piter
Official DR value: 13?14?14?15?14?15
Catalog (Barcode): much
Genre / Style: Pop, Electronic, New Wave
Year (info): 1982-1994 (6 x Original vinyl, Collection)
Format: WV (image + .cue)
Bitrate: 32bit/88.2kHz Stereo
Covers: in archive
Amount of tracks: 63
Total time: 4:21:43
Size RAR: ~ 7.49 Gb
Password / ?????? : 1965
Upload: DepositFiles.com, TurboBit.net
The astonishingly talented and prolific drummer Dafnis Prieto has done a lot since moving to the States from his native Cuba in 1999. He’s made a host of sideman appearances with musicians of widely varying stripes, including Peter Apfelbaum, Michel Camilo, Steve Coleman, Marilyn Lerner, Henry Threadgill, Chucho Valdes, and John Zorn. He won a MacArthur “genius” grant in 2011. He published an influential instructional guide, A World of Rhythmic Possibilities, in 2016. And he’s recorded a significant number of his own dates, with small groups ranging from trios to sextets, all of which highlight Prieto’s distinctive approach to using the Afro-Cuban musical tradition as a springboard for all manner of stylistic and rhythmic innovation.
The one project he hadn’t yet attempted?
A big-band album. But with Back to the Sunset, that’s now been fixed. And the results are as invigorating, imaginative, and rhythmically exhilarating as one would expect from such a fearless and restlessly creative musician.
Prieto has assembled a large ensemble of extraordinary talent, with a number of musicians he’s partnered with previously. The aforementioned Apfelbaum is here, along with folks like pianist Manuel Valera and trumpeter Mike Rodriguez. But also included are guest appearances from Lynch, Threadgill, and Coleman, as Prieto clearly sees this record as an opportunity to recognize his debt to musicians who have influenced and mentored him over the years. Along the same lines, each of the album’s nine pieces is dedicated to assorted jazz luminaries, ranging from Art Blakey to Jerry Gonzalez to Andrew Hill, giving further evidence of the sheer breadth of Prieto’s omnivorous musical tendencies.
The music is characterized by an irrepressible energy, as each piece is chock full of rhythmic detours that maximize the talents of the band. Stasis is Prieto’s sworn enemy, as very rarely do these tunes stay locked on to a particular rhythmic figure or theme for very long; there’s always another segue just ahead, so that the tunes easily hold interest despite their length (8-9 minutes each, on average). At times Prieto’s got so many ideas bursting forth that they just about get the better of him: pieces like “Song for Chico” or “Two for One,” a couple of the surging up-tempo tracks, bring so many transitions that it becomes a challenging task at times just to follow their logic. But this kind of exploratory spirit has always characterized Prieto’s work—and it’s hard to fault him for this, given that the rhythmic energy the band sustains is always so infectious. There are a lot of overlapping and polyrhythmic grooves happening here, but they do always groove. Much like Steve Coleman’s work, the music somehow manages to be heady, complex and supremely catchy at the same time.
There are a lot of standout moments on the disc, but here are a few of the most noteworthy ones. “Una Vez Más” and “Out of the Bone” showcase Prieto’s Afro-Cuban roots most effectively, with the compositions making full use of the ensemble to create vigorous, danceable lines that are filled with movement and surprise. Just as effective are the poignant “The Sooner the Better” and the uplifting “Triumphant Journey,” both of which utilize the kind of voicings and lyricism one might hear on a Maria Schneider record—but of course with Prieto’s unmistakable Latin undercurrent always propelling the music forward. Terrific solo moments are abundant as well, with too many to do justice here to their consistent caliber of musicianship. Multi-instrumentalist Michael Thomas is a particular revelation, as he provides superb, well-crafted solos on alto sax, soprano sax and piccolo on three separate tracks.
But the most special moment belongs to one of Prieto’s mentors: Henry Threadgill. To hear the barely-restrained power in his emotionally-charged solo on the somber, affecting ballad “Back to the Sunset” is to be struck once again by the cross-stylistic pollination that has consistently shaped Prieto’s development as an artist. This album bears witness to that career-long, multifaceted creative process—and it does so in a vivid and deeply enjoyable way. — AllAboutJazz
Personnel: Mike Rodríguez: Trumpet, Flugelhorn; Nathan Eklund: Trumpet, Flugelhorn; Alex Sipiagin: Trumpet, Flugelhorn; Josh Deutsch: Trumpet, Flugelhorn; Román Filiú: Alto Sax, Soprano Sax, Flute, Clarinet; Michael Thomas: Alto Sax, Soprano Sax, Flute, Piccolo; Peter Apfelbaum: Tenor Sax, Soprano Sax, Melodica; Joel Frahm: Tenor Sax, Soprano Sax; Chris Cheek: Bari Sax; Tim Albright: Trombone; Alan Ferber: Trombone; Jacob Garchik: Trombone; Jeff Nelson: Bass Trombone; Manuel Valera: Piano; Ricky Rodríguez: Acoustic & Electric Bass; Roberto Quintero: Congas, Bongos, Percussion; Dafnis Prieto: Drums & Music Director; Brian Lynch: Trumpet (Track 1); Henry Threadgill: Alto Sax (Track 4); Steve Coleman: Alto Sax (Track 6).
320 kbps | 342 MB | LINKS
“Sarah Sarah: The Anthology” contains all of Jonathan’s US and UK charted singles including the much-loved title track, 1987’s ‘Lies’ (a global pop/R&B hit, featured here in an extended version), 1988’s ‘Take Good Care Of Me’, an extended version of the Top 10 US R&B hit, ‘There’s One Born Every Minute (I’m A Sucker For You)’ and 1989’s ‘More Than Friends’.
• The anthology (compiled by David Nathan with assistance from Amar Naik) also includes a number of key album cuts from Jonathan’s five Jive albums, notably ‘Love Hurts So Bad’, making its CD debut worldwide, quiet storm favourite ‘Love Songs, Candelight And You’, a stunning duet with gospel star Vanessa Bell Armstrong on ‘True Love Never Fails’ and as a bonus, a 1999 cover of Jr. Walker’s classic ‘What Does It Take (To Win Your Love For Me)’ with acclaimed Dutch saxophonist Candy Dulfer.
01. Baby Please Don’t Take It (I Need Your Love)
02. I’ll Be Waiting For Your Love
03. Crossroads Revisited
04. Haunted By Your Love
05. 7th Avenue South
06. Love Hurts So Bad
08. Gentle Love
09. Song For Jon
10. If You’re Ready (Come Go With Me) Duet With Ruby Turner
11. Lies (Extended Version)
12. Take Good Care Of Me
13. Holding On
14. I Miss Your Love Tonight
15. Going Home
16. Love Songs, Candlelight And You
01. One More Dance
03. Say We’ll Be Together
04. There’s One Born Every Minute (I’m A Sucker For You) (Extended Version)
05. More Than Friends
06. Sarah Sarah
07. Take Me Home
08. True Love Never Fails (Featuring Vanessa Bell Armstrong)
10. It’s So Hard To Let You Go
11. All Grow’ed Up
12. No Strings, No Ties
13. Sing Me Your Love Song
14. Heal Our Land
15. Welcome Home
16. What Does It Take (To Win Your Love For Me)
Artist: Hailu Mergia | Album: Lala Belu | Released: 2018 | Label: Awesome Tapes From Africa | Genre: Folk, World, Country, Jazz
Artist: Earth House Hold | Album: Never Forget Us | Released: 2018 | Label: A Strangely Isolated Place | Catalog #: ASIPV011 | Genre: Ambient, House, Electronic
Artist: Tiesto Featuring BT | Album: Love Comes Again | Released: 2004 | Genre: Trance, Electronic | Country: Netherland | Duration: 00:18:47
Artist: Our Lady Peace | Album: Somethingness | Released: 2018 | Genre: Rock
Artist: Edvard Grieg | Album: Chamber Music (Alexander Vinnitsky, Vladimir Ovchinnikov) | Released: 2013 | Label: Brilliant Classics | Catalog #: 94642 | Genre: Classical
Artist: Toe | Album: That's Another Story | Released: 2018 | Label: MachuPicchu INDUSTRIAS | Catalog #: XQIF-1008 | Genre: Rock
Artist: Scooter | Album: All Stars - Greaters Hits | Released: 2003 | Genre: Electronic, Trance, Techno | Country: EU | Duration: 02:03:54
Performer: Ilene BarnesAlbum: TimeLabel: I.C. Muic. Made in FR.Catalog #: NDCD 101Style: Folk Year: 2003Format: FLAC (image + .cue) Bitrate: losslessCovers: in archiveAmount of tracks: 13Size ZIP: ~ 414 mbUpload: nitroflare.comPassword: without a password