Articles on this Page
- 09/15/17--14:02: _Re: [CD] Marco Rod...
- 09/15/17--15:14: _Hüsker Dü – Savage...
- 09/15/17--15:25: _Sounds of Nature CD...
- 09/15/17--16:06: _Global collaboratio...
- 09/15/17--17:04: _Re: [CD] Marco Rod...
- 09/15/17--17:04: _Re: [CD] Frei Herm...
- 09/15/17--20:07: _Re: [CD] Marco Rod...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _Keith Emerson - Off...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _Love Affair - New D...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _Love Affair - The E...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _The Spencer Davis G...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _Paradise Lost - Med...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _The Spencer Davis G...
- 09/15/17--22:02: _Sparks - Hippopotam...
- 09/15/17--23:10: _B.B. & The Blues Sh...
- 09/15/17--23:10: _Hiss Golden Messeng...
- 09/16/17--00:24: _Akira Kosemura In T...
- 09/16/17--01:04: _Poems For Laila – I...
- 09/16/17--01:04: _Poems For Laila – O...
- 09/16/17--01:04: _Brixton Sounds – Fi...
- 09/15/17--14:02: Re: [CD] Marco Rodrigues - Copo Meio Cheio (2017)
- 09/15/17--15:14: Hüsker Dü – Savage Young Dü (2017)
- 09/15/17--15:25: Sounds of Nature CD 11 - Winter's Glow (Звуки природы под музыку)
- 09/15/17--16:06: Global collaborations with Kronos Quartet just keep coming
- 09/15/17--17:04: Re: [CD] Marco Rodrigues - Copo Meio Cheio (2017)
- 09/15/17--17:04: Re: [CD] Frei Hermano Da Câmara - Grandes Êxitos (2017)
- 09/15/17--20:07: Re: [CD] Marco Rodrigues - Copo Meio Cheio (2017)
- 09/15/17--22:02: Keith Emerson - Off The Shelf (2006/2017) FLAC (tracks + .cue)
- 09/15/17--22:02: Love Affair - New Day (1970/2008) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 09/15/17--22:02: The Spencer Davis Group - The Singles (2003) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 09/15/17--22:02: Paradise Lost - Medusa (2017) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 09/15/17--22:02: Sparks - Hippopotamus (2017) FLAC (image + .cue)
- 09/15/17--23:10: B.B. & The Blues Shacks – Reservation Blues (2017)
- 09/15/17--23:10: Hiss Golden Messenger – Hallelujah Anyhow (2017)
- 09/16/17--00:24: Akira Kosemura In The Dark Woods
- 09/16/17--01:04: Poems For Laila – I Shot The Moon (1994)
- 09/16/17--01:04: Poems For Laila – On A Wednesday (2002)
- 09/16/17--01:04: Brixton Sounds – Fiebre, Locura y Pasion (2017)
320 kbps | 474 MB | LINKS
This November, Numero will be releasing Savage Young Dü, a three-disc box, plus an extensive, 144-page booklet written by Erin Osman, that chronicles the band’s evolution prior to its 1983 SST signing. Containing 69 tracks recorded between 1979 and 1982, Savage Young Dü features all of the band’s 7-inches from the period, including “Statues”/”Amusement” (which Numero reissued on vinyl in 2013 as a Record Store Day special) and 1982’s “In a Free Land”; a remastered version of Hüsker Dü’s second album, 1983’s Everything Falls Apart; an alternate version of their 1982 debut, Land Speed Record; and a heap of demos, alternate takes, and live versions of a number of previously unreleased songs. And all of it sounds incredible — even the cruddiest source material rings through with maximal volume and clarity.
Savage Young Dü is the result of seven years of wheeling and dealing and cajoling on Numero’s part. SST Records is owned by ex-Black Flag guitarist Greg Ginn, a notoriously prickly figure who has been sued numerous times by the label’s bands over unpaid royalties. Following a 2013 lawsuit against Ginn’s ex-Black Flag bandmates over the use of the band’s name and logo in a reunion tour (minus Ginn), which the guitarist lost, a full-scale reissue of the Black Flag catalog was iced. Former Flag singer Keith Morris told Rolling Stone, “We were going to remix them and remaster them. Everything was going to be souped up.” Instead, Ginn “disowned” not only the project, but his former bandmates.
Ginn’s protectionist stance, combined with the often fragile state of affairs between Hüsker Dü’s members, set the Dü project up to be a steep climb. Nevertheless, Shipley was ready. “By 2010, we were in a place where we were working with people we thought were impossible,” says Shipley. “I thought, ‘If we can make these guys work with us, what’s something that seems impossible? Maybe we should try that.’ Hüsker Dü is the first thing I thought of. It took us a while, but eventually Henry Rollins introduced us to Grant.”
Eventually, Shipley came to visit Hart in Minneapolis. “He had all these great stories that were bottled up,” says Shipley. “He took us out to Cedar Lake, over to Hidden Beach, and he was like, ‘Let’s go for a swim,'” Shipley recalls. “While we were out there, he said, ‘This is where we shot the cover for [the 1985 Hüsker Dü album] New Day Rising.’ I’m sure he’d done that with other people before, but it felt really special and made me feel like this was something that needed to be done.”
Even after the “Statues” reissue in 2013, “it took a couple years to get to a point where everybody was on board,” says Greg Norton, a former restaurateur who now works as a wholesale wine distributor, as well as still playing bass. “But Numero definitely demonstrated that they hold the legacy in high regard.”
“There had been talk with the other guys about projects of varying degrees of difficulty,” Bob Mould told Mary Lucia, a host with Minneapolis public radio station The Current, in a to-be-aired interview. “What assets do we have, what can we cobble together to make something that would be interesting for the fans? And we have all these early demos, we have different live recordings, we’ve got B-sides.” Once the set’s shape was decided, Mould added, “The deal was easy to put together. It was real quick and clean.”
Most of the tapes came from the collection of Terry Katzman, the former owner of Minneapolis record shop Garage D’or and an early Hüsker Dü soundman, who co-founded Reflex Records with Mould to put out some of band’s early titles (including “Statues” and Everything Falls Apart). “Terry Katzman documented almost everything the band did, going back to the very end of 1979,” says Shipley, who took Katzman’s stash of “maybe 130” tapes back to Chicago in June of 2016.
Once home, Shipley transferred the hoard — including a good sixty more tapes from the Hüskers’ own collections — to digital, working primarily at Electrical Audio, the Chicago studio owned by famed engineer and musician Steve Albini. Once there, old titles were “completely remixed to the exacting standards of what the record was — but improved,” says Shipley. “It was, boom! Perfect.”
Then there was the issue of Land Speed Record — the band’s debut album, taken from the first set of two the band played on August 15, 1981, in Minneapolis’ 7th Street Entry. Even if Numero had licensed the original from SST, says Shipley, “The original tape was apparently stolen out of the band’s van at some point. There’s no way to really go back.” Besides, the existing versions sound characteristically awful. “SST’s using a multitrack copy and a mixdown that’s probably two or three generations [old], and the CD version is even worse.”
Though the original tape of the second set actually exists (it’s in Numero’s hands), Savage Young Dü utilizes a third option. “We found this other set that was done for this Twin/Tone [Records, a Minneapolis label that was the home of hometown rivals The Replacements] showcase two weeks later — they played basically the exact same set,” says Shipley. “They’re even better than they were two weeks earlier. And the soundboard tape was way better. It was just a marked improvement over Land Speed Record. We said, ‘Let’s do a better version of it.'”
Originally, Savage Young Dü was mooted to run for 110 tracks, but Shipley wound up cutting it down to 69 tracks and under three hours. “At a certain point, making every single thing available was going to be a bit redundant. We dialed it into what we thought was the best Hüsker Dü of this early period. We tried to capture every song they wrote, the best performances. A lot of this stuff was never recorded in a studio. There were tons of rehearsal tapes and sound checks.”
Not to mention a torrent of material. The thrill of Savage Young Dü is hearing three young men figuring out how to turn their dissatisfaction with the world into glorious noise in more-or-less real time. Hüsker Dü didn’t hatch fully formed — on the first disc, they try on everything, from the mock-Beach Boys mock-balladry of Hart’s “Can’t See You Anymore” (which rhymes with “It’s not ’cause I think you’re a w****”) to the stern, PiL-style post-punk of “Statues.” But it takes startlingly little time for the band to sound like itself.
“Hearing this stuff for the first time in a couple of decades, I [was] realizing the historical significance of what we were doing at the time,” says Norton. “Of course, at the time, we were a bunch of kids playing rock ‘n’ roll in the basement. But the potential that Hüsker had showed right out of the gate.”
Hart put it a different way to The Current’s Andrea Swensson in another to-be-aired interview. “Hüsker Dü has never had a cutting room floor,” he said. “Or let’s say if there is, that we keep that floor well swept and anything that falls on that floor, we make sure that we pick it up and put it where it belongs.” As for the possibility of other Hüsker reissues from Numero: “It’s too early to say,” says Norton. “But never say never.”
11 альбом, посвящённый зимнему времени начинается с воя метели и приятного потрескивания горящих поленьев в камине. Поскольку зимой фауна и флора сильно обеднена, на альбоме в большей степени мы слушаем приятную и успокаивающую музыку, написанную композитором Byron M. Davis.
David Harrington of Kronos Quartet shares his thoughts about the term "world music." The term was coined 30 years ago this year.
Artist: Keith Emerson | Album: Off The Shelf | Released: 2006, 2017 | Genre: Rock, Prog Rock | Country: UK | Duration: 01:09:48
Artist: Love Affair | Album: New Day | Released: 1970, 2008 | Genre: Psychedelic, Pop, Psychedelic Soul, British Invasion | Country: UK | Duration: 01:19:10
Artist: Love Affair | Album: The Everlasting Love Affair | Released: 1968/2005 | Genre: Psychedelic, Pop, Psychedelic Soul, British Invasion | Country: UK | Duration: 01:16:30
Artist: The Spencer Davis Group | Album: The Singles | Released: 2003 | Genre: Rock, Blues Rock, Classic Rock | Country: UK | Duration: 01:16:51
Artist: Paradise Lost | Album: Medusa | Released: 2017 | Genre: Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Gothic Metal | Country: UK | Duration: 00:57:06
Artist: The Spencer Davis Group | Album: With Their New Face On / Funky | Released: 1968 - 1970/2001 | Genre: Blues Rock, Rock | Country: UK | Duration: 01:17:04
Artist: Sparks | Album: Hippopotamus | Released: 2017 | Genre: Pop Rock, New Wave | Country: US | Duration: 00:55:17
320 kbps | 119 MB | LINKS
1. Reservation Blues (4:08)
2. Lay Some Shuffle Down (3:35)
3. Mad About You (3:58)
4. I Can’t Go On (2:37)
5. Year Of Strife (4:10)
6. From Now On (2:35)
7. Angry Cat (3:20)
8. Not Much To Loose (2:39)
9. Honeycomb (4:30)
10. All About That (2:59)
11. My Time Ain’t Long (5:28)
12. Little Secrets (3:28)
13. Things Won’t Change (3:13)
14. Why Can’t I Go Home (3:47)
320 kbps | 101 MB | LINKS
Hallelujah Anyhow is the latest studio album from Hiss Golden Messenger, out September 22 worldwide on Merge Records. Its ten new songs, penned by HGM principal M.C. Taylor, were recorded with Brad Cook, Phil Cook, Chris Boerner, Josh Kaufman, Darren Jessee, Michael Lewis, and Scott Hirsch. Alexandra Sauser-Monnig, Tift Merritt, Skylar Gudasz, Tamisha Waden, Mac McCaughan, and John Paul White provided vocal harmonies.
“I see the dark clouds. I was designed to see them. They’re the same clouds of fear and destruction that have darkened the world since Revelations, just different actors. But this music is for hope. That’s the only thing I want to say about it. Love is the only way out. I’ve never been afraid of the darkness; it’s just a different kind of light. And if some days that belief comes harder than others, hallelujah anyhow.” —M.C. Taylor
In The Dark Woods
Title: I Shot The Moon
Year Of Release: 1994
Quality: MP3 320 Kbps
Total Time: 50:42
Total Size: 155 Mb
01. Tina (03:44)
02. Cold World (04:21)
03. Mexican Fiesta (04:27)
04. Greatest Love Of All (04:30)
05. The Postgirl Mary (03:50)
06. Hey-Ho! (Telephone Song) (02:57)
07. Wide Open Eyes (04:37)
08. Hungry Thoughts (04:43)
09. Chance Is A Dog (04:50)
10. Endless Stripe (04:12)
11. Knock On The Door (04:37)
12. Fool In The Rain (The Wednesday Session) (03:57)
Title: On A Wednesday
Year Of Release: 2002
Quality: MP3 320 Kbps
Total Time: 47:38
Total Size: 152 Mb
01. Let me think (03:31)
02. I was walking (02:51)
03. White lane (with twin) (05:47)
04. Don’t ask me questions (03:49)
05. Linda loves me (02:49)
06. Time comes again (04:13)
07. Americans (04:09)
08. Morning sun (03:24)
09. The story of Jane (03:37)
10. When I die (03:40)
11. Letter from far away (03:55)
12. T-shirt song (03:15)
13. Last cigarette (with Judith Hermann) (02:40)
Title: Fiebre, Locura y Pasion
Year Of Release: 2017
Label: Jump Up Records
Genre: Reggae, Soul, Ska
Quality: MP3 CBR 320 kbps
Total Time: 58:07 mins
Total Size: 136 MB
Tercer corte en larga duración de Brixton Sounds en el que se destacan los ritmos jamaicanos y temas vocales tratando de imprimir un estilo particular de la agrupación. 16 tracks cargados de ska, reggae y rocksteady que seguramente los harán moverse
01. Brixton Sounds – Recuerdos
02. Brixton Sounds – Nada Cambiara
03. Brixton Sounds – Nunca Entenderas
04. Brixton Sounds – Ausencia
05. Brixton Sounds – Instituto Karla
06. Brixton Sounds – Greengo Reggae
07. Brixton Sounds – Fugaz
08. Brixton Sounds – Obsesion
09. Brixton Sounds – Muestrame el Camino
10. Brixton Sounds – Skachondo
11. Brixton Sounds – Tu y Yo
12. Brixton Sounds – Epitafio
13. Brixton Sounds – Para Conquistarte
14. Brixton Sounds – Amanecer
15. Brixton Sounds – El Juego del Amor
16. Brixton Sounds – Pasajes